This four-lesson course is all about creating character. We use a three-step learning process of learn, apply, and reflect to teach what character is, how we create character, and how we apply and live with character. Presentations, assessments, activities, and exercise downloads are designed to help the student conduct a self-assessment and create improvement strategies so they can move toward the person of character they want and need to become. Course includes a lesson designed for parents, teachers, coaches, and leaders to help them create character driven teammates.
- Student-athletes (16+ years of age) seeking a program to help them develop sound character as they prepare for a successful future.
- Aspiring or developing leaders working to prepare or improve their leadership potential.
- Young professionals looking for personal development opportunities to take their leadership skills to the next level.
- Parents, teachers, coaches, or leaders looking for a system to assist their character development efforts.
- Course is self-paced and includes a combination of audio recordings, downloads, slide presentations, exercises, and surveys. When you purchase the course, you receive access for 6 months.
- Lesson 1 answers the basic question of what is character and why is it important?
- Lesson 2 provides the student the opportunity to identify their own character traits through a series of exercises and assessments. The lesson culminates with a “create your personal compass” exercise designed to provide the student a tool to help them navigate difficult, uncertain, and challenging environments.
- Lesson 3 offers the student an opportunity to pause and reflect about their experiences and observations so they can refine their own character development process.
- Lesson 4 is specifically for parents, teachers, coaches, and leaders and provides ideas on how to create teams of character.
Key Benefits of this Course
Character is the foundation of leadership. You can’t responsibly address leader development without including character development. If you are serious about being an effective leader, or responsible for developing leaders, you can’t ignore this sensitive and uncomfortable topic. As a responsible parent, coach, teacher, or leader, we all know character when we see it, and recognize its importance, but how do we talk about it in a proactive and meaningful matter? I’ve created a simple and effective course that removes the guess work and provides you actionable tools you can implement immediately to address this otherwise difficult topic.