This four-lesson course is all about creating character. We use a three-step process of learn, apply, and reflect to teach what character is, how we create character, and how we apply and live with character. Presentations, assessments, activities, and exercise downloads are designed to help you conduct a self-assessment and create improvement strategies so you can move toward the person of character you want and need to become. Course includes a lesson designed for leaders, teachers, coaches, and parents to help create character driven teammates.
- Student-athletes (16+ years of age) seeking a program to help develop sound character to prepare for a successful future.
- Aspiring or developing leaders working to prepare or improve leadership potential.
- Young professionals looking for personal development opportunities to take leadership skills to the next level.
- Leaders, teachers, coaches, or parents looking for a system to assist their character development efforts.
- Course is self-paced and includes a combination of audio recordings, downloads, slide presentations, exercises, and surveys. When you purchase the course, you receive access for 6 months.
- Lesson 1 answers the basic question of what is character and why is it important?
- Lesson 2 provides you the opportunity to identify your own character traits through a series of exercises and assessments. The lesson culminates with a “create your personal compass” exercise designed to provide a tool to help navigate difficult, uncertain, and challenging environments.
- Lesson 3 offers you an opportunity to pause and reflect on your experiences and observations so you can refine your character development process.
- Lesson 4 is specifically for leaders, teachers, coaches, and parents providing ideas on how to create teams of character.
Key Benefits of this Course
Character is the foundation of leadership. You can’t responsibly address leader development without including character development. If you are serious about being an effective leader, or responsible for developing leaders, you can’t ignore this sensitive and uncomfortable topic. As a responsible leader, teacher, coach, or parent, we all know character when we see it, and recognize its importance, but how do we talk about it in a proactive and meaningful manner? I’ve created a simple and effective course that removes the guess work and provides you actionable tools you can implement immediately to address this otherwise difficult topic.